Wednesday 2 May 2007

DANCING IN THE DAWN

May Day started pretty bloomin early yesterday, with me tumbling out of bed at 4:30am to head down to the beach (clutching a travelmug of tea!) and meet the other mad residents of Whitstable, to 'dance in the dawn'. I met up with my uncle alex and his wife all black faced and morris-clad clutching their flask of brandy to get em started...it was really nice, got to see some really good morris teams, sip my brew, and watch a beautiful sunrise. It was a fab turnout suprisingly, for such an early start, but the weather was absolutely beautiful with clear blue skies, really felt like we were celebrating summer!
Pictures to follow.
Other news, the peeps came down from the 'shire late on the 30th, is really nice to see the kiddies (though now feeling rather rattled by so much acivity), and a nice change to suddenly have parents around the place again! Mums childhood friend sarah came down for the day, she was really nice and a good laugh, and we went to a nice italian restaurant by the sea for lunch, wich even grated fresh parmesan on your pasta (dont know why i found that so amazing, but i did)!
So today me and ma are off for a bit of a catch-up, and then EVERYONE is off on the ferry to france, so i have the house to myself for 3wks.....bit weird after the family gathering thats going down at the moment.
xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! Your may-day sounds great : ) I didn't get up at the crack of dawn (well, i got up fairly early for work, but nothing more exciting than that). I'm at home now, enjoying the sunshine and music and time to relax. A lot of stuff has been decided for this year, i've explained on my blog, but it might be January before we move in together in a penthouse apartment in London, is that cool?

I'm going to go to Chesterfield on monday- they usually put on a nice belated may-day fair and music etc. Hope it's not rained off.

Sounds like it was good to see the family, and you're on your own now? Exciting! Well, i'll give you a call soon and we will arrange. I may be moving house as early as this coming week, so you could help me do that/visit afterwards etc.

Good one on your blog! I am enjoying it xxx